Responsible: Prof. Fernando Gomes de Souza Junior
Development of polymeric materials that improve the quality of life and reduce the impact of anthropogenic activities on the environment. Focused on environmental recovery, Human Health, Biomaterials, Sensors.
Main Research Lines
- Environmental recovery:
- Production of geopolymers as environmental recovery materials.
- Sorbent magnetic materials for petroleum removal in spills.
- Encapsulation and passivation of toxic waste.
- Preparation of bioremediation systems.
- Controlled release of assets.
- Preparation of energy biomaterials.
- Preparation of biomaterials by magnetic induction.
- Human health:
- Kinetic and spatial control systems for the drug delivery process.
- Drug release by magnetic hyperthermia.
- Obtaining vegetable fibers conducting electricity and its use in sensors for intelligent devices.
- Development of optical and electrical material for the development of sensors for intelligent devices.